[Haskell-cafe] ghci: can't load .so/.DLL for: m (addDLL: could not load DLL) / is there a libm.dll for Windows

Mark Wassell mwassell at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 7 20:26:46 EDT 2009

Hello,

I get this when using the logfloat package via ghci on Windows. For example

*Main> :m + Data.Number.LogFloat
*Main Data.Number.LogFloat> logFloat (1.0::Float)
(addDLL: could not load DLL)
*Main Data.Number.LogFloat>

When compiling the program using ghc, it works fine. This was previously
reported as a ghc bug http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/3242
where the reporter was getting the message using hipmunk. The ticket was
closed as the issue was deemed to be a bug in hipmunk, not GHC.

As the ticket reporter asked, what is the correct approch to get around
this? I have tried specifying -lm on ghci startup line but my system
doesn't seem to have a libm.dll or anything similar. Is there such a thing?

Thanks

Mark