[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Galois is hiring functional programmers

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Thu Jun 11 03:15:41 EDT 2009

Galois is hiring.

Bringing together mathematicians, researchers and technologists, Galois,
based in Portland, Oregon, was founded in 1999 with the mission to apply
functional languages and formal methods to solve real world problems.
Today, over 30 members strong, we’re living the vision, designing and
developing advanced technologies for safety and security-critical
systems, networks, and applications.

Galois technical staff members play a pivotal role in developing
advanced software technology. Members work on one or more projects, and
are expected to perform in a variety of roles based upon their talents
and organizational needs.  Technical staff may be called upon to write
proposals, gather requirements, and work in all stages of the software
development process, from requirements gathering to testing and
validation. Additional duties may include project management, technology
research and development, and technical infrastructure development.

We’re looking for people who can invent, learn, think, and inspire. We
reward creativity and thrive on collaboration. We offer great benefits
and perks, including a 401K plan, stock options, paid vacation, family
health plan, flexible work schedule, a casual work environment, snacks,
espresso and foosball.

Galois technical staff members usually work in a small team setting (2-5
members), and must successfully interact with clients, partners, and
other employees in a highly cooperative, collaborative, and
intellectually challenging environment.

A Masters or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science is desirable but not
required.  Additionally, a strong programming background and experience
with Haskell or other functional programming languages is preferred but
not required.  Must work well with customers, including building
rapport, identifying needs, and communicating with strong written,
verbal and presentation skills. Must be highly motivated and able to
self-manage to deadlines and quality goals.

To learn more about us, visit

    http://www.galois.com
and
    http://www.galois.com/company/careers

The types of technology we use are covered in our blog:

    http://www.galois.com/blog/

We’d like to hear from you!

Send your cover letter and resume to us at jobs2009 at galois.com.