[Haskell-cafe] Logo fun

Thomas Davie tom.davie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 04:39:39 EDT 2009

On 12 Jun 2009, at 10:27, Loup Vaillant wrote:

> 2009/6/11 Thomas Davie <tom.davie at gmail.com>:
>> Here's the logo, continuing on the batteries included theme:
>> http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/rpg/tatd2/HaskellBatteries.png
>
> I'd sugest a thinner and smaller lambda, or bigger (maybe longer)
> batteries. The + tip of the batteries should also be colored in gold.

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree -- I think the main strength of the original
logo is that it's simple, both in terms of all lines being the same
width, and in terms of having only two colours used.  It means it can
be adapted to all sorts of different colour sets (as it is on
Haskell.org).

Perhaps the correct thing to do here is to make a black/gold version
for the haskell platform?

I do agree with the earlier comment that the font for the +/- needs to
be more bold, if I'd had a vector version, I would have done that.

Bob