[Haskell-cafe] force evaluation beginners question

Chaddaï Fouché chaddai.fouche at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 13:11:12 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Nico Rolle<nrolle at web.de> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'm trying to compile a code snipped that i've go from a tutorial
> which uses the function "force".
> But when I'm trying to compile it ghc reports an error that it
> couldn't find the defenition of force.
> my ghc verion is 6.10.3
> Did they moved force out of Prelude in one of the latest updates?

As far as I know there never was a "force" function in the Prelude of
Haskell98, this is probably a function specific to your tutorial, we
could help more if we had the code snippet or at least the tutorial
name.

By the way, while it's absolutely not inappropriate to post this
question here, there is a haskell-beginner mailing list more suited to
this kind of thing (you could also get very fast and friendly help
from the #haskell channel on irc.freenode.net).

--
Jedaï