[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: haskell-src-exts 1.0.0 rc1 (aka 0.5.2)

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 18:42:35 EDT 2009

Hi all,

> This means I feel ready to take that scary leap that means to drop the
> safe 0.x version numbering (experimental) and finally make the first
> stable release, version 1.0.0. But before I take that leap I want the
> library to be thoroughly tested, so I can with confidence say that it
> truly *is* stable. Therefore, I hereby announce the release on hackage
> of haskell-src-exts-0.5.2, which I consider (almost) a release
> candidate for 1.0.0.

I have just uploaded haskell-src-exts-0.5.4 to hackage, which is 1.0.0
rc2. Thanks a lot to those who tested the previous version, and please
continue to test and report!

Changes in 0.5.4:
==================

Three fixed bugs:

* BangPatterns are now parsed correctly in function bindings.
* Single-item class contexts are now accepted with parenthesis around
them (doh!).
* The haddock documentation (paltry as it is) can now be built. Thanks
a lot to Brian Lewis for the patch, which rearranges my commented
guard clause. Haddock apparently didn't like the '{- | guard = ...'
line...

One new feature:

* The parseFileX family of functions now all recognize and act on
LANGUAGE pragmas (previously only parseFile did). There is now also an
extra field in the ParseMode called 'ignoreLanguagePragmas', which
defaults to False. Set it to True if you really want parseFile et al
to disregard LANGUAGE pragmas. (Note that you can always use the
simple 'parse' function that doesn't try to be clever at all.)

Cheers,

/Niklas