[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: hyena

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 02:24:50 EDT 2009

I am pleased to announce the first release of hyena, a library for building
web servers, based on the work on iteratee style I/O by Oleg Kiselyov.

The library allows you to create web servers that consume their input
incrementally, without resorting to lazy I/O. This should lead to more
predictable resource usage.

This is an early alpha release so expect the API to change in the future. In
particular, I'm working on converting the current definition of
iteratees/enumerators used to the one in the iteratee package [1]. I decided
to release this version, based on a simple left fold, due to requests by
several people who already started using hyena.

Get it:

   cabal install hyena

And on Hackage:

   http://hackage.haskell.org//package/hyena