[Haskell-cafe] Obscure weirdness

Raynor Vliegendhart shinnonoir at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 02:37:25 EDT 2009

On 6/20/09, Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Is this a known bug in GHC 6.10.1? Will upgrading fix it? (Obviously, it's
> quite a lot of work to change GHC.) Suffice it to say that my program is
> quite big and complicated; it worked fine when it was still small and
> simple. ;-)

There is a bug in ghci 6.10.1 that seems to be fixed in 6.10.3 (not
sure whether it's fixed in 6.10.3). Certain non-terminating
expressions causes ghci to crash immediately and go back to the
prompt:

C:\>ghci
GHCi, version 6.10.1: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help
Prelude> let loop = loop in loop