[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: haskell-src-exts-1.0.0

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 07:35:44 EDT 2009

Hi Maurício,

> How far is Unicode from beeing parsed? It doesn't seem to be
> a huge step (from my ill-informed viewpoint), and it would
> not let behind those who are happy to be able to declare names
> in their own native language. (Oh, and sorry for resorting to
> politically correct blackmail...)

Unicode in identifiers and symbols actually already works, assuming
you don't use the non-Unicode-aware parseFile, parseFileWithExts or
parseFileWithMode (which all use Prelude.readLine). What doesn't work
is to use the Unicode versions of special symbols like ->, => etc. I'm
waiting for a stable and blessed unicode-aware text package to replace
utf8-string, before we have one of those then my support would only be
half-hearted at best. But in the mean time you can use the readLine
provided by utf8-string, and then parseFileContents on that, which
should give you the politically correct names. ;-)

Cheers,

/Niklas