[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hack (web) and apache configuration

Henry Laxen nadine.and.henry at pobox.com
Thu Jun 25 13:31:20 EDT 2009

Anton van Straaten <anton <at> appsolutions.com> writes:

> Path info is path-like data that directly follows the name of the
> resource being referenced, e.g.: /myfiles/foo.html/this/is/path/info
>
> A rule that would give you path info in the case you describe would be
> more like this:
>
>    RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /hackTest/$1 [T=application/x-httpd-cgi]
>
> Whether that works depends on how /hackTest is being dispatched, but if
> Hack expects pathinfo, then it may just work.
>
> Anton

Dear Anton,

Thank you, that works perfectly.  That's what I love about programming, just
change a single character, and the world goes from total chaos to perfect order.
 It reminds me of a saying I heard once.  If carpenters built houses the way
programmers write programs, you could walk into any house, remove any single
nail, and the structure would collapse into pieces no larger than toothpicks.

Thanks again.
Henry