[Haskell-cafe] missing support to Data.Binary for uvector package

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Thu Mar 5 09:54:07 EST 2009

Hi.

I'm still having problems with the uvector package.

I have an IntMap (UArr xxx) data type, and I want to serialize it to
disk, in binary format.

I'm using the uvector package from
http://patch-tag.com/repo/pumpkin-uvector/home

The problem is with missing instance declarations, for Hyperstrict data
type and Data.Array.Vector.UArr.UPrim.

For the former, the instance is simple, but for the latter I have no
idea about what to do.

The full error message (GHC 6.8.2):

     No instance for (uvector-0.2:Data.Array.Vector.UArr.UPrim
                        (Word32
uvector-0.2:Data.Array.Vector.Prim.Hyperstrict.:*: Word8))
       arising from a use of `encode' at bin/process-data-1.hs:72:18-36
     Possible fix:
       add an instance declaration for
       (uvector-0.2:Data.Array.Vector.UArr.UPrim
          (Word32 uvector-0.2:Data.Array.Vector.Prim.Hyperstrict.:*: Word8))

Thanks  Manlio Perillo