[Haskell-cafe] Re: MPI

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Fri Mar 6 14:39:51 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:43 AM, FFT <fft1976 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Are MPI bindings still the best way of using Haskell on Beowulf
> > clusters? It's my feeling that the bindings stagnated, or are they
> > just very mature?

MPI itself hasn't changed in 14 years, so it's not exactly a moving target.
(There's an MPI 2.0, but its most visible changes are not really usable.)

What's the story with distributed memory multiprocessing? Are Haskell
> programmers uninterested in it, or are things other than MPI used with
> it?

The ratio of work to payoff is unfortunately very high, so it seems to have
been abandoned as a topic of fruitful research.