[Haskell-cafe] FRP + physics / status of hpysics

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Fri Mar 6 16:39:58 EST 2009

* Peter Verswyvelen <bugfact at gmail.com> [2009-03-06 11:17:50+0100]
> Regarding hpysics, did anybody did some experiments with this?

Nothing I'm aware of.

> The blog
> seems to be inactive since december 2008; has development ceased?

Sort of. One reason is that DPH does not seem to be ready for hpysics
yet, another one is that I don't see any potential users around (read: I
just need a kick in the ass).

> Integrating hpysics with Grapefruit might be a good topic for the Hackaton,
> trying to make a simple game (e.g. Pong or Breakout) without using recursive
> signal functions, but with correct collision response and better-than-Euler
> integration, all handled by the physics engine. Other FRP engines could be
> tried, but Grapefruit hacking is already a topic on the Hackaton, so it
> would combine efforts.

Yes, I'm actively pondering Hpysics+Grapefruit (it's the primary reason
of my interest in Grapefruit). But first of all we need to get graphics
support into Grapefruit.

Does your proposal re Hackathon indicate that you'd like to join?

"Don't let school get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain