[Haskell-cafe] Logo Preferences

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Sun Mar 8 19:19:43 EDT 2009

Eelco Lempsink wrote:

> The list with options can be found here (for now):
> http://community.haskell.org/~eelco/poll.html  Notice that some (very)
> similar logos are grouped as one option (thanks to Ian Lynagh) All
> submissions compete, so that still makes more than a 100 options!
>
> The voting system we'll use is the Condorcet Internet Voting System
> (http://www.cs.cornell.edu/andru/civs.html).

So ranking all 100+ items on the Condorcet ballot is a bit of a daunting
task. However, if we get a rough idea of the favourites, we can each cut
down a bit on the work.

For instance, suppose 82 and 93 are very popular. You might not like
either of them, but it's worth ranking them on your ballot (after the
ones you do like) if you have a preference between them. But there's
less need to rank the ones no-one likes.

I'm currently liking

30 (specifically, 30.7)
58
61 (specifically, the second image)