[Haskell-cafe] Logo Preferences

Sebastian Sylvan sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:52:27 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Bulat Ziganshin
<bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Sebastian,
>
> Monday, March 9, 2009, 1:08:50 PM, you wrote:
>
> i think we should make 2-stage voting, like in F1
>
> after 1st stage we will know which logos are most popular and
> therefore are real candidates, so we can select among them

One of the reasons condorcet voting is good is that this isn't needed. If
everyone is consistent in which logos they prefer the results from second
voting stage will be identical to just picking the condorcet voting from the
first stage.

The interface to the condorcet voting site is actually pretty good (try out
one of the samples), so it's pretty easy to just "move to top" the ones you
prefer and move the ones you dislike to the bottom. Then you can ignore the
vast majority of "don't care" logos in the middle, and just fine tune your
ranking at the top and bottom.

--
Sebastian Sylvan
+44(0)7857-300802