[Haskell-cafe] Mystified by Cabal

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Mon Mar 9 20:56:39 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 01:13:33PM +0100, Svein Ove Aas wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Duncan Coutts
> <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Note also that the list of licenses mkcabal offers is wrong. You can get
> > the list from the Cabal lib itself so there is no need to maintain the
> > list manually.
> >
> It would also be nice to expand that list somewhat, to at least cover
> the most used licences - GPL2, GPL3, AGPL, etc.

Why would cabal need a list at all inside of it? It seems very odd to
have to upgrade cabal just because I am using a different license.

it seems that we should just bite the bullet and switch data License to

newtype License = License String

and simplify a lot of code to boot as well as create a normalized data
layout.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈