[Haskell-cafe] Loading 3D points & normals into OpenGL?

Artyom Shalkhakov artyom.shalkhakov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 00:12:00 EDT 2009

Hello,

Duane Johnson <duane.johnson at gmail.com> писал(а) в своём письме Thu, 12
Mar 2009 05:23:16 +0600:

> Is there something around that will already do the trick?  Or perhaps
> another
> format is preferred and already supported?

I'd advise you to restrict yourself to your (specific?) requirements. VRML
is complex,
and in fact can be an overkill to use in a (simple?) game.

There's another route you can take, though: write an exporter from some
intermediate
format (like Collada or Blender), that would strip off features you don't
intend to handle.

--
Cheers,
Artyom Shalkhakov