[Haskell-cafe] Alternative to Data.Binary

Grzegorz Chrupala grzegorz.chrupala at computing.dcu.ie
Sat Mar 14 08:37:44 EDT 2009

Hi all,
Is there a serialization library other than the Data.Binary from hackage?

I am using Data.Binary in a couple of projects, but I have found its stack
and memory usage very hard to control. Its very common that decoding a map
or list of non-trivial size uses up all available RAM, or causes a stack
overflow.

I don't care that much about it being extremely fast, I just want to stop
worrying that if I try to read a file a few percent larger than the last
time, my program will suddenly stop working.

Best,
--
Grzegorz