[Haskell-cafe] Need an overview of FP-related research topics
bjpop at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Mar 17 09:33:06 EDT 2009
On 17/03/2009, at 10:59 PM, Yitzchak Gale wrote:
> I would like some links that would give such a person
> a nice overview of the various active areas of
> FP-related research these days, leaning towards
> Haskell. I want to give him a fairly broad view of what
> is interesting and exciting, why various topics are
> important, where to find ideas for collaboration and
> applications to other areas, etc.
Some ideas off the top of my head:
- Lambda the Ultimate (not Haskell or fp specific) http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/
- Browse recent editions of the Journal of Functional Programming
(perhaps they even subscribe to it at the Uni in question) and perhaps
- Browse the recent proceedings of various conferences and workshops
such as International Conference on Functional Programming, Trends in
Functional Programming, the Haskell Symposium, Practical Aspects of
Declarative Languages, Principles and Practice of Declarative
Programming, International Summer School on Advanced Functional
Programming (and many others).
- Check the home pages and blogs of well-known and active researchers
(I won't list them).
- Maybe http://www.readscheme.org/, though not Haskell specific. (not
sure if http://haskell.readscheme.org/ is working anymore).
- There's quite a list of papers on haskell.org, under http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Research_papers
More information about the Haskell-Cafe