[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Style - Pattern Matching with case vs. function declarations

Tom.Amundsen tomamundsen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:49:54 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am new to Haskell. I just started reading "Real World Haskell" a few days
ago, so I apologize for being such a noob.

But, I am curious why I see a lot of code where people do pattern matching
via multiple function declarations instead of using the case ... of ...
construct? For example:

[code]
foldl' _    zero []     = zero
foldl' step zero (x:xs) =