[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] random-shuffle package

Max Rabkin max.rabkin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 11:31:10 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Manlio Perillo
<manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
> However, in this case, the package name should be changed.
> I'm not sure it is a good idea to release a package that implements only one
> function (but I may be wrong).

Personally, I think that there is little harm in releasing a package
if it does something useful in a not-totally-broken way. Especially if
you plan to extend it.

I wrote the hmm package, which is basically only two functions, but
that's all one needs to work with hidden Markov models, so that's all
there is (I *am* busy expanding its functionality that's needed in a
program I'm writing, but the basics are already there). I also
uploaded the kmeans package, which exports a single function -- a
friend of mine had the code, and it was useful to me, so it might be
useful for others. And what does a clustering package need besides a
cluster function?

--Max