[Haskell-cafe] Re: Ease of Haskell development on OS X?

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Sun Mar 22 06:54:11 EDT 2009

Colin Adams <colinpauladams at googlemail.com> wrote:

> -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I/opt/local/include
> -I/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5
> -c _hashopenssl.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.3-i386-2.5/_hashopenssl.o
> unable to execute -DNDEBUG: No such file or directory

That's just flags, preceded by no command (or, rather, -DNDEBUG is
interpreted as a command, which doesn't make much sense). My crystal
ball says that the build script is dodgy and just tries to execute
$(CC) or something, which isn't set. You can investigate the script
and fix it, or complain with the python (or macports, whatever is
appropriate) guys.