[Haskell-cafe] about Haskell code written to be "too smart"

Miguel Mitrofanov miguelimo38 at yandex.ru
Tue Mar 24 14:36:56 EDT 2009

Well, I'd say that there is something close to the Perl syndrome, in
some sense. After all, code IS usually very smart. The difference is
that in Perl all smartness is about knowing how the computer works, or
how the interpreter works. In Haskell, instead, the smartness is about
knowing - or inventing - the general setting in which the problem
looks less complex.