[Haskell-cafe] ANN: HackMail 0.0 -- Procmail + Monads = Awesome!

Joe Fredette jfredett at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:00:33 EDT 2009

I'm happy to announce my very second Hackage upload!*

HackMail is a Procmail-alike, though it doesn't (yet) support promail
syntax. It dynamically loads a haskell source file (literate or vanilla,
eithers okay) and then sits as a daemon watching a directory for new
emails. The source file contains a function which sorts email and
delivers it to some directory. As well as some configuration data.

Not everything is working just yet -- the program is operational, but
still lacking some of the features I want, namely a pipe mode, and some
other things. It also uses a homebrew email parser, and lacks Haddock
and Tests, but I wanted to release it mostly for
comments/questions/helpful criticism from interested parties.

Also, I wanted to upload something to hackage... It's a good feeling.

Questions/Comments/Donations of Money, Vestal Virgins, or Cookies welcome!

Package is on Hackage @
    http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/HackMail
Source is on Patch-tag @
    http://patch-tag.com/repo/Hackmail

/Joe Fredette

* (I uploaded a little tool called addLicenseInfo to test out the
procedure, so... yah.)