[Haskell] Re: [Haskell-cafe] ANN: cmonad 0.1.1

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Mon Mar 30 03:19:56 EDT 2009

When I looked at it a year ago or so, it was a return of one
constructor in a sum.
Looking at core, you can see several places where a function is called
and that function always returns the same constructor, so the case
analysis of the return value is not needed; it should be returned as
an unboxed tuple instead
I'll see if I can get a simple example to illustrate the problem.

I talked to Simon PJ about it and he thought an analysis and
transformation for such a thing would be a good idea, but someone has
to do the work, of course.

Another unrelated problem, I think, is that ghc needs to promote
in-memory variables to registers when possible.
Perhaps the new code generator has such a transformation?

  -- Lennart