[Haskell-cafe] [SoC] XML Schema Implementation

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 23:21:02 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Vlad Dogaru <ddvlad at anaconda.cs.pub.ro> wrote:

>  * a translator from XML Schema to Haskell, similar to DtdToHaskell[4]
>
> For the latter item, some runtime checking will definitely be required:
> restrictions such as value ranges for integers or minimum and maximum
> occurences of an element cannot, to my knowledge, be enforced through
> type definitions. Finally, I kindly ask anyone with relevant experience
> to point out other possible pitfalls.

I have a small package up on Haskell who's sole existence is to be a
Haskell implementation of a particular XML schema:

xcb-types: http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/xcb-types
xcb.xsd: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xcb/proto/tree/src/xcb.xsd

It's pretty stable now, so I'm not sure I'd switch over to something
new.  But at the time I think I tried to do an XSD to DTD transform so
I could use the existing DTD to Haskell tools.  That didn't work out
so well, but I don't really remember why.

Antoine