[Haskell-cafe] uvector package appendU: memory leak?

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Mar 31 09:03:30 EDT 2009

Claus Reinke ha scritto:
>> Can I close this ticket as not being to do with uvector?
>> -- Don
>
> You did notice the suggestion that performance of uvector and bytestring
> could be improved drastically if compile-time fusion would be augmented
> with runtime fusion?

The storablevector package implements Data.StorableVector.Lazy

Just as with Data.ByteString.Lazy, it contains a linked list of chunks.

I think that this can improve performances of my implementation, since
it is much more efficient to append elements at the end of the vector
(it avoids a lot of copying).

In my draft implementation of the the Netflix Prize in D language, I
used a similar implementation, base on:
http://mdounin.ru/hg/nginx-vendor-current/file/tip/src/core/ngx_list.h

Unfortunately, D garbage collector is really bad when there are a lot of
allocations, so I gave up.

Manlio Perillo