[Haskell-cafe] Character I/O

Judah Jacobson judah.jacobson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:25:50 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Andrew Coppin
<andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Judah Jacobson wrote:
>>
>> Sounds like you're on Windows, so it's probably this bug:
>>
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/2189
>>

> I am on Windows. It looks like my programs are running editline or something
> to give a command history. Ordinarily that would actually be quite useful,
> but for this particular application, not so much.

Actually, when you read a buffered line of input from the Windows
console it automatically provides line history for the user.  (This is
Win32 behavior, nothing to do with Haskell or editline.)  As you say,
sometimes it's more useful than others.

-Judah