[Haskell-cafe] setResourceLimit

brian at lorf.org brian at lorf.org
Tue May 5 04:52:39 EDT 2009

I have a long-lived multithreaded server process that needs to execute
programs and interact with them via Handles. The programs could
misbehave, like loop or hang, so I need to limit the real and CPU time
they can take.

I guess System.Posix.Resource.setResourceLimit sets limits on the
current process, so I can't use it in the server process. Is it a good
approach to write some utility program for the server to call that does
setResourceLimit and executes the programs that could misbehave?