[Haskell-cafe] Re: Is Haskell a Good Choice for Web Applications? (ANN: Vocabulink)

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Thu May 7 04:24:16 EDT 2009

Jason Dagit wrote:
> Looking over Real-World
> haskell I see that some of these topics are discussed, which is really
> good.  In particular, Chapter 25 would be valuable to anyone trying to
> find space leaks.  There you discuss reduction to normal form, for
> example, and some strictness issues and how to control evaluation.

For some time now, I have this theory that confusion about space leaks
can often be attributed to people not being informed about the
evaluation model. They simply don't know what's going on; they only know
that it's got something to do with these "thunks".

Is that an accurate description?

Regards,
apfelmus

--