[Haskell-cafe] Heads up: Conflicting versions of network-2.2.1

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Sun May 10 13:23:20 EDT 2009

Hi,

The version of network-2.2.1 that shipped with GHC 6.10 differs from the one
on Hackage [1]. The version that was released with GHC was never uploaded to
Hackage and was never tagged in the darcs repository. When making a new
release of network I forgot to check the version number on the version of
network that shipped with GHC. My appologies. If you want the API additions
that are present in network-2.2.1 on Hackage use network-2.2.1.1 instead to
make sure that e.g. cabal-install doesn't use the version of network that
comes with GHC.

In the future there won't be any releases directly from the darcs repo. All
releases will be made on Hackage to later be picked up by the Haskell
Platform.

Cheers,

Johan

1. http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/network-2.2.1