[Haskell-cafe] Building 'text-icu-0.1' on Windows

Alexander Dunlap alexander.dunlap at gmail.com
Sat May 16 12:33:30 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> If one of you has the time to dig into this and send a patch that corrects
>> the problem, I'd welcome the help. As I'm sure you can tell, I developed
>> text-icu on Unix, and I don't have regular enough Windows access to make
>> debugging this a quick and easy matter.
>>
> By the way, if you run into problems building or using text or text-icu,
> please file a ticket here: http://trac.haskell.org/text/newticket

Hi,

I've attached a patch that fixes the build on Windows. It also doesn't
seem to break the build on my Linux box. However, the patch basically
consists of removing an #include statement and removing some library
dependencies (which for some reason don't exist in the Windows
distribution of ICU), so I don't know if it would break something
else. The library compiles without warnings with the patch applied,
though. Maybe Serge could test the patch on his machine?

Thanks,
Alex