[Haskell-cafe] ANN: TxtSushi 0.1

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Sun May 17 11:53:02 EDT 2009

By the way: As I see from the sources, your code uses external sort?
But using String's much defeats the purpose of it, anyway, because
their performance is so bad that if you feed your program a file that
is larger than can be sorted in memory, sorting it externally using
String's will anyway take much more time then you are likely to be
comfortable waiting. You should consider switching to ByteString's,
and beware memory leaks.

2009/5/17 Keith Sheppard <keithshep at gmail.com>:
> Hello Haskell Cafe
>
> I have released the first version of TxtSushi which is a collection of
> command line utils (written in haskell of course) for processing
> tab-delimited and CSV files. It includes a util for doing SQL SELECTs
> on flat files. This is my first haskell project and feedback of all
> kinds is appreciated.
>
> Home Page: http://www.keithsheppard.name/txt-sushi
> Darcs Repository: http://patch-tag.com/r/txt-sushi/home
> Issue Tracking: http://code.google.com/p/txt-sushi
>
> I would like to say thanks to the haskell-beginners contributors, the
> author of "Learn you a Haskell" and the author of the parsec library
> all of which were very helpful.
>
> Regards
> Keith

Eugene Kirpichov