[Haskell-cafe] Haskell in 3 Slides

Joe Fredette jfredett at gmail.com
Mon May 18 12:29:36 EDT 2009

While an incredibly small font is a clever option, a more serious
suggestion may be as follows.

3-4 slides imply 3-4 topics, so the question is what are the 3-4 biggest
topics in haskell? I would think they would be:

* Purity/Referential Transparency
* Lazy Evaluation
* Strong Typing + Type Classes
* Monads

Assuming you have, say, 10-15 minutes for the talk, and the people there
are versed with imperative programming and maybe have some experience in
functional programming, you can probably jump over each of those slides
in about a minute, just enough to touch the subject.

I also assume that you don't need to fit the whole presentation in 3-4
slides, if you do, then .... yah.

/Joe