[Haskell-cafe] The Computer Language Benchmarks Game: pidigits

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Mon May 25 05:54:58 EDT 2009

> :
> > By the way, I did submit my solution. It improved the score a bit but it
> > is still very memory hungry.

 a bit?
Currentlly it is the fastest  in 32 bit . the memory/speed problems happens
in 64 bit benchmarks. I suppose that the speed is related with the memory
leak that will be fixed, Dons said.  Event there doubled the performance of
the previous entry.
Just to learn; how this last version is faster than the previous entry?
 This new version does not use strictness annotations. Is this an example
where laziness pays (and indeed causes the memory leak in the 64 bit
architectures?