[Haskell-cafe] We tried this functional, higher-order stuff with LISP and look what happened...

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Wed May 27 14:31:07 EDT 2009

  What can we say to that? I'm well practiced in handling those
  who reject types outright (Python programmers), those who
  reject what is too different (C programmers), those who can
  not live without objects (Java programmers), those who insist
  we must move everything to message passing (Erlang
  programmers). It's not too often that I meet an embittered
  LISP programmer -- one who's well acquainted with a bold and
  well-supported community of functional programmers whose
  shooting star soon descended to dig a smoking hole in the
  ground.

  Who's to say Haskell (and the more typeful languages in
  general) do not find themselves in the same situation in just
  a few years' time? Is avoiding success at all costs really
  enough?

--
Jason Dusek