[Haskell-cafe] Re: Lazy Parsing

GüŸnther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sat May 30 18:42:13 EDT 2009

Dear Doaitse,

It is my pleasure to announce that after 5 days of experimenting with
uu-parsinglib I have absolutely no clue, whatsoever, on how to use it.

Period.

I do not even manage to write a parser for even a mere digit or a simple
character. I have read the tutorial from a to a to z and from z to a and
there were a few words I recognized.

I mean I'd like to be able to turn "12.05.2009" into something like (12,
5, 2009) and got no clue what the code would have to look like. I do
know almost every variation what the code must not look like :).

I am guessing here that when one does define a parsing function, since
all the parser combinators aren't function but methods, one *must* also
provide a type signature so that the compiler knows the actual
*instance* method?

Günther