[Haskell-cafe] ANN: haskell-mode 2.6

Svein Ove Aas svein.ove at aas.no
Sun Nov 1 14:20:56 EST 2009

Fellow haskellers:

Haskell-mode 2.6 has been released.

* By web: http://projects.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/
* By darcs: http://code.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/

This is mainly a bugfix release; to anyone using
haskell-indentation, the big news will be that it no longer
under some circumstances hands you a parse error and
refuses to insert a newline, or backspace.

It still gives you a parse error. It just tries its best to proceed
anyway.

There are also some new features, courtesy of Alex Ott:
More font-lock symbols, and a hayoo function.

In the case of the font-lock symbols, your mileage may vary
on how nice the picked ones are. Mine certainly does. As such,
I'm announcing open season on font-lock symbols: Comment
to your heart's desire, and I'll use whatever you decide on for
the next official release.

The tab-cycle implementation is thanks to ivanm, whose random
comments can trigger hours and hours of work.

I'll just quote from the NEWS file now:

===

Changes since 2.5.1

* haskell-indentation: Pressing tab in the rightmost position now
  moves to the leftmost, by default with a warning.

* Typo fix: One haskell-indentation variable had ended up in the
  haskell-ntation customize group.

* haskell-hoogle aliased to hoogle, haskell-hayoo aliased to hayoo

* Courtesy of Alex Ott:
  - Additional unicode symbols for font-lock-symbols: () == /= >= <=
!! && || sqrt
  - M-x haskell-hayoo search added, opens using browse-url
  - Bug-fix for inferior-haskell-type

* If haskell-indentation errors out, it now fail-safes to inserting
  a literal newline or deleting one character, for return and
  backspace respectively.

--
Svein Ove Aas