[Haskell-cafe] Card games

Felipe Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 09:07:53 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 08:46:07AM -0500, Matthias Görgens wrote:
> Interesting idea.  But I guess you should clarify what kind of card
> games you want to support.  E.g, a DSL for trick taking games like
> Bridge, Skat or Doppelkopf might be different from one that's good for
> Canasta or Rummy.  Or do you aim at Solitaire?  I'd suggest starting
> with a very small scope of the domain for a very first version.

Hmm, good catch.  I was thinking about solitaire, i.e. single
player, games.  Multiplayer card games certainly have their own
set of interesting challenges.

If I ever get to develop something capable of expressing nicely
Patience, Spider, Pyramid and Black Hole I'll be more than
satisfied :).

Cheers,

--
Felipe.