[Haskell-cafe] Exciting job opportunity

siki gabor at karamaan.com
Mon Nov 9 18:28:18 EST 2009

Principal investment firm based in Manhattan is looking for an outstanding
software developer to maintain and develop proprietary accounting and
portfolio management systems.

You should have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science from a top
university and impeccable coding style. This is a high-impact,
high-visibility job opportunity where successful candidates will be
entrusted with a lot of responsibility for products that have a direct
effect on the P&L of the firm and influences our workflow.

This is a very small hedge fund with me being the only developer right now.
The next hire will have a very direct say into how this side of our business
progresses from here. We are a growth oriented firm that values people who
take a craftsman’s pride in their work. We always like to take a contrarian
view of things and value experimenting and using often overlooked
technologies. That is one of the main reasons why we currently started using
Haskell in developing our quantitative models.  We are looking for a
canditate who shows strong analytical, organizational, and communication
skills. Attention to
detail is essential, i.e. we fully document everything we do and pay a lot
of attention to coding style.

The majority of our existing code was written in Java, so candidates must
have at least some experience with Java and related technologies.
Experience working with SQL would be desired as well. Background in
accounting is not necessary but is definitely a
plus.

Please send your CV and cover letter to recruitment at karamaan.com, or

Thanks