[Haskell-cafe] Package Woes

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Wed Nov 11 22:47:52 EST 2009

Sorry, slightly off-topic.

I wanted to install LHC to compare that to GHC and JHC, but alas:

dafis at linux-mkk1:~/Haskell/LHC/lhc-0.8> cabal install -fwith-libs -flhc-regress
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring libffi-0.1...
cabal: The pkg-config package libffi is required but it could not be found.
lhc-0.8 depends on libffi-0.1 which failed to install.
libffi-0.1 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1

Okay, so I installed libffi, but to no avail, still can't find libffi.
The problem is apparently that libffi doesn't come with a .pc file, so pkg-config doesn't
know about it.

Does anybody know how to fix that?
(openSuse 11.1, if that matters)