[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: gnome-keyring 0.1 (bindings to libgnome-keyring)

John Millikin jmillikin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 11:47:20 EST 2009

I'm not keen on gtk2hs in general -- it's quite monolithic, which
makes it difficult to 1) install (via Cabal) and 2) develop. Ideally,
GTK+ bindings would be available on Hackage in separate packages (like
"gtk", "gnome-vfs", "gconf", etc), and would be developed in separate
repositories to avoid "lockstep".

Luckily, libgnome-keyring doesn't have many glib-isms in its API, so I
could treat it as a mostly standalone library.