[Haskell-cafe] Re: Idea for a very simple GUI llibrary

Juan Maiz juanmaiz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 11:01:39 EST 2009

Hi folks, my name is Juan Maiz and i'm starting to study Haskell (again).
Is anyone from Brazil in the list?i

I'm currently reading The Haskell Road to Logic, Maths and Programming and
having a lot of (geek) fun. By the way, i found this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/haskell-cafe@haskell.org/msg45406.html . It was
sent by Mattias Bengtsson. I made something similar using Ruby's Treetop,
with the difference that my concern was to validate and generate truth
tables for formulas using Unicode.

So... my first noob question to the list: What is the difference of Unicode
support in HUGS and GHCI ? In GHCI I can do something like:

(∧) = (&&)
Prelude> True ∧ False
*False*

(The carachter is the unicode for conjunction U+2227)

But in HUGS i can't. It says:

ERROR "conjunction.hs":1 - Unrecognised character `\8743'

Somebody?

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Minor aside.
>
> > -> Could be the first GUI to build on hackage :)
>
> If you have wxWidgets installed, the new fully Cabalised wxHaskell
> builds just fine.  It's quite handy/refreshing for 'cabal install wx' to
> finally "just work" :-)
>
> Unless you mean "build on the Hackage server" which should also be
> possible in principle, although the wxHaskell folks may want to have
> a quick look at
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/wxcore/0.12.1.2/logs/failure/ghc-6.10
>
> --
> Eric Kow <http://www.nltg.brighton.ac.uk/home/Eric.Kow>
> PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9

Juan Maiz Lulkin Flores da Cunha
Softa Consultoria para Desenvolvimento
http://www.softa.com.br
http://www.mailee.me - Finalmente e-mail marketing 2.0
http://www.linkedin.com/in/juanmaiz
http://workingwithrails.com/recommendation/new/person/9354-juan-maiz
“The most exciting breakthroughs of the 21st century will not occur because
of technology but because of an expanding concept of what it means to be
human”
John Naisbitt