[Haskell-cafe] Show function a -> String

Tsunkiet Man temp.tsun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 08:05:54 EST 2009

Hello,

some details regarding my question. I got this assignment which gives me the
following: SomeFunction :: Integer -> String. Which uses the show function
to convert the Integer to String.

However it asks me how my function can fail? Well I know my function fails
by definition when I do not insert an Integer into SomeFunction. Like
SomeFunction 2.3425221 and now I also know that when I insert a number that
is very close to zero (I think a denormalized value means that a value is
very close to zero:
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/libraries/2004-November/002661.html) I get
probably get an error. But that is normal as a 0.000001 * e^(-10) is not
really an Integer, right?

Now I also know that when I use 'undefined' I would get an error. So what
other cases are there? (I asked my question about Floating because I guessed
it would be similiar to Integers)

At this moment I really can't figure out how my function can fail other than
the inputs described above.

Thanks for your help!