[Haskell-cafe] ghci breakpoints

Jose Iborra pepeiborra at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 10:46:31 EST 2009

Hi Sean,

it looks like your Focus module is not interpreted and thus has no breakpoints.
(that error message could be easily improved to let you know this)

The ghci debugger only works with interpreted code, you can either delete all the
*.hi and *.o temporary files or simply use the flag -fbyte-code to ensure that
ghci loads the code in interpreted mode.

By the way, the ghci debugger has a few quirks more.
You probably want to give a read to the debugger docs in the GHC manual if you
plan to use it for anything non trivial.

Thanks,
pepe