[Haskell-cafe] License question

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Nov 30 05:45:29 EST 2009

>> www.haskell.org is under the simple permissive license.  Does this
>> license also cover the souce code available from that site?
>
> the license cover only Wiki contents. std haskell libraries covered
> by BSD3
> license, for example as a part of bsd3-covered GHC distribution

And in fact the official Haskell'98 libraries are covered by an even
more permissive license: that of the Language Report.

"The authors intend this Report to belong to the entire Haskell
community, and so we grant permission to copy and distribute it for
any purpose, provided that it is reproduced in its entirety, including
this Notice. Modified versions of this Report may also be copied and
distributed for any purpose, provided that the modified version is
clearly presented as such, and that it does not claim to be a
definition of the language Haskell 98."

Regards,
     Malcolm