[Haskell-cafe] Re: Are there standard idioms for lazy, pure, error handling?

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:31:51 EST 2009

> From: Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas at gmail.com>
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 6:22 AM, John Millikin <jmillikin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...I've considered two possible error handling modes...
>
> Regarding parsing, there's a third option: iteratees[1]. See [2] for a
> motivation and description of iteratees.

I think it's interesting to note that this works with iteratees
because they essentially do exactly what Malcolm suggested.  That is,
when an error occurs, it is referenced in the internal state of the
iteratee, and processing is aborted.

Iteratees are strict, but they allow for many of the same benefits of
laziness, and can work well for large data sets.

John