Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] I read somewhere that for 90% of a wide class of computing problems, you only need 10% of the source code in Haskell, that you would in an imperative language.

Curt Sampson cjs at starling-software.com
Wed Oct 7 03:22:20 EDT 2009

On 2009-10-01 18:47 +0200 (Thu), Alberto G. Corona  wrote:

> May be because consciousness is relatively new and thus, not optimized.

Actually, no; our brains are very, very highly optimized. Only they're
optimized for minimum power usage, not making the best decisions.

For more information, see Read Montague's _Your Brain Is (Almost)
Perfect: How We Make Decisions_.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson       <cjs at starling-software.com>        +81 90 7737 2974