[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: vty-ui 0.2
drcygnus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:44:44 EDT 2009
I'm happy to announce the release of vty-ui 0.2.
Get it from Hackage:
Or get the source with darcs:
This version of vty-ui is everything you hoped it would be: fewer
bugs, more widget types, cleaner code, better abstractions, and more
generality. If you've written any applications to use vty-ui, only a
few of your type signatures will need to change.
Here's a summary of changes:
* Unify HBorder and VBorder types (now called Border)
* Unify HFill and VFill types (now called Fill)
* Unify HBox and VBox types (now called Box)
* Box layout: layout documentation, edge case bug fixes
* Widget class: refactor growthPolicy into growHorizontal and
* Add Graphics.Vty.Widgets.Composed for high-level widget
* Add Graphics.Vty.Widgets.All convenience module to export
everything in the library
* List items may now be of any widget type!
* Add resize, pageUp, pageDown, scrollBy functions and expose other
* Generalize scrolling API
* Add convenience API for using lists of Text widgets
* Support internal identifiers for list items
* Always consume scrollWindowSize lines of space even if the list is
* WrappedText: automatically wraps text in available space; try
resizing the demo.
* Borders module: one-row/one-column ASCII borders between boxed
widgets; ASCII art box container
* Demo: use crazy boxed list items to show off border boxes and
generic widget support in Lists!
* Demo: support PageUp/PageDown to demonstrate List paging API
More information about the Haskell-Cafe