[Haskell-cafe] Simple program. Simple problem?

michael rice nowgate at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 19:47:18 EDT 2009

For the code below, if I CNTL-C after the list is printed, and run it again, I get a different list of colors, each time. This doesn't seem to be happening with my earlier example.

Michael

=============

import System.Random
import Data.Ord

data Color
    = Red
    | Blue
    | Green
    | Yellow
    | Orange
    | Brown
    deriving (Show, Read, Eq, Enum, Ord, Bounded)

main = do
  gen <- getStdGen
  let code = map toEnum $ take 4 $ randomRs (0,5) gen :: [Color]
  putStrLn $ "List is " ++ show code
  guessString <- getLine
  newGen <- newStdGen
  main