[Haskell-cafe] Re: What *is* a DSL?

S. Doaitse Swierstra doaitse at swierstra.net
Mon Oct 12 11:25:58 EDT 2009

This problem of dynamically transforming grammars and bulding parsers
out of it is addressed in:

@inproceedings{1411296,
  author = {Viera, Marcos and Swierstra, S. Doaitse and Lempsink,
Eelco},
  title = {Haskell, do you read me?: constructing and composing
efficient top-down parsers at runtime},
  booktitle = {Haskell '08: Proceedings of the first ACM SIGPLAN
symposium on Haskell},
  year = {2008},
  isbn = {978-1-60558-064-7},
  pages = {63--74},
  location = {Victoria, BC, Canada},
  doi = {http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1411286.1411296},
  publisher = {ACM},
  address = {New York, NY, USA},
  }

and the code can be found on hackage under the name ChristmasTree
The left-factorisation is explained in a paper we presented at the
last LDTA and which will appear in ENTCS. Since we have signed some
copyright form I do notthink I can attach it here, but if you send me
a mail, I can definitely send you the paper.

Doaitse